The focus of this position is the development of a pipeline of new clients through direct and indirect customer contact and prospecting. Working with Marketing, follows up on leads in identifying business opportunities for employee benefits, compliance and human resources services. The position is responsible for making initial contacts and developing the relationships with prospective clients that turn into business opportunities. Networking and developing contacts in the community for opportunities is an important part of the function of this position. Once opportunities are identified, work with consultants to develop solutions and strategies for prospective clients.
Bachelor’s degree preferred or related experience. A successful track record of new business sales experience is necessary for this position. Prior insurance or human resources experience is preferred, but not required.
Sales and Marketing – Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, sales techniques, and sales administrative systems.
Business Acumen – Knowledge of general business principles, strategic planning, resource allocation, profit/loss requirements, organizational structures and operational needs.
Benefits and Human Resources – General understanding of human resources operations within organizations and health/welfare programs that organizations offer to their employees.
- Active Learning – Understanding the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Active Listening – Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking – Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Speaking – Talking to others to convey information effectively.
- Writing – Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience.
- Coordination – Adjusting actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Negotiation – Bringing others together and trying to reconcile differences.
- Persuasion – Persuading others to change their minds or behavior.
- Service Orientation – Actively looking for ways to help people.
- Social Perceptiveness – Being aware of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Complex Problem Solving Skills
- Complex Problem Solving – Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
Resource Management Skills
- Management of Financial Resources – Determining how money will be spent to get the work done, and accounting for these expenditures.
- Time Management – Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Customer relationship management CRM software
- Marketing analysis software
- Microsoft Software Products
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Use Group Services business strategies to create and execute a business development plan for new business that enables the organization to meet financial goals and objectives.
- Seek out new clients and develop prospective clients by following up on leads provided by marketing and networking.
- Develop relationships with prospective clients by understanding their organization, key decision makers and their business needs.
- Identify centers of influence that can assist with developing leads or with making inroads to potential clients.
- Work with consultants to create success strategies for prospective accounts.
- Effectively communicate Group Services story and process for benefitting the client. Be able to demonstrate how we can provide value to organizations.
- Perform an analysis of prospective clients to determine their potential needs, current providers and identify how best Group Services could provide solutions that would benefit their organization.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as maintaining records of contacts in sales tracking systems.
- Attend meetings, seminars and programs to learn about new products and services, learn new skills, and receive technical assistance in developing new accounts.
Selling or Influencing Others
- Conduct sales presentations
- Identify business opportunities
Communicating with Persons outside Organization
- Communicate visually or verbally
- Interview prospective clients
Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Utilize social media
- Identify marketing resources
- Obtain information from individuals
Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Determine client needs
- Make decisions based on needs
Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge
- Use interpersonal communication techniques
- Use knowledge of written and verbal communication in sales work
- Use marketing techniques
Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
Developing Objectives and Strategies
Analyzing Data or Information
Interpreting the Meaning of Information for Others